Commercial ceilings are designed to be both low maintenance and long lasting, but like all good things, there may come a time when the life of your ceiling comes to an end. When that time arrives, there will be a few telltale signs that your ceiling needs to be replaced. Some of the most common include:
- Tile Discoloration: ceiling tiles may become discolored due to water damage or from being exposed to UV light for long periods of time. If you need to replace one or more tiles with new ones, the discoloration on older tiles may lead to mismatched coloring. If this is the case, the entire ceiling may need replacing.
- Damaged Tiles: as tiles become damaged, they may need replacing. Depending on the age of the ceiling tiles in question, it’s possible replacement tiles will not be available when damage strikes and the entire area will need to be replaced.
- Aesthetic Improvement: due to the nature of ceiling designs, it’s likely they will outlast noticeable discoloration and damage. But, many companies are using their ceilings to provide added interest to their spaces. Aesthetic improvements are a great reason for commercial ceiling replacement.
Your Ceiling Needs to Be Replaced. Now What?
If your ceiling falls into one of these telltale categories and needs to be replaced, there’s a few ways you can approach the next steps:
- Choose your Design: Do you have a ceiling design in mind? If not, there’s a ton of ideas online to get you started, so you can determine which styles you like for your commercial space.
- Have it Installed: Once you choose your design, you’ll work with a team of contractors to have it installed. This may require your business to be closed one room at a time or all at once, so the installation can take place.
- Leave it to the Experts: Ceiling design and installation professionals, like our team at Sonus Interiors, can present recommendations for your space, work with you to create a custom ceiling solution and even have it installed. You could say we’re a one-stop shop for all your commercial ceiling needs!
What questions do you have about your commercial ceilings? Comment below to join the conversation and so our team can get you the answers you’re looking for!